Call for Nominations to the IIBA SVC Board
Call for Nominations to the IIBA SVC 2019 Board – Due 10/5/2018
August - October 2018 brings the Sacramento Valley Chapter's Elections and Annual General Meeting. The Board of Directors is looking for new volunteers who are interested in opportunities to grow professionally and provide value added service to the Business Analyst community of Sacramento!
Nominations will be held through October 5, 2018, for anyone interested in Board Leadership role. Don't miss this opportunity to grow professionally and provide value added service to the Business Analyst community of Sacramento,
The following board positions are available for this election. A description of the duties is available on our website at Board of Directors. For additional information, email our President who will be glad to answer your questions and explain what it means to be a board member.
- Vice President (VP) Marketing
- Vice President (VP) Education/Certification
- Vice President (VP) Event Planning
We also have several appointed (no election required) volunteer positions that do not require membership to perform. The following are examples of positions are available to interested volunteers:
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- Elections Facilitator
- Study Group Facilitator
You may nominate yourself, or you may nominate someone else. If nominating someone else, please confirm that the member is willing to run for the office.
To submit a nomination, please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5, 2018
- Contact Information
- Daytime Phone
- Evening Phone
- Email Address
Nominees who do not self-nominate will be contacted to confirm their willingness to serve in the position before their names are added to the ballot.
Chapter Members in good standing will be casting their electronic votes from October 8 - 12, 2018.
The 2019 Board will be introduced at the Annual General Meeting on October 17, 2018 and should plan on attending this event in person.
The newly elected 2019 Board will need to be available to attend their first transitional board meeting on November 6, 2018. Details will be provided directly to the new board members.
Requirements & Eligibility
- Commitment to the work of the IIBA
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance: policy, finance, programs, personnel, and advocacy
- Willingness to serve on committees
- Attendance at Board meetings (monthly conference call with quarterly in-person)
- Attendance at chapter meetings and events (typically 7 events per year)
- All officers shall be members in good standing of IIBA and of the CHAPTER by the time they are elected (not necessary at the time of nomination).
Directors are elected by majority vote of the local chapter membership and serve a one-year term.
As a director you must:
- Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from the Board or its standing committees
- Monitor all Board policies
- Review the bylaws and policy manual, and recommend bylaw changes to the membership
- Review the Board’s structure, approve changes and prepare necessary bylaw amendments
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Chapter’s strategic and organizational plans
- Approve the Chapter’s budget
- Support and participate in evaluating Director performance
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, committees and the community to enhance the Chapter’s mission
If you have any additional question please contact us at email@example.com.